Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Good morning my friends!

Hope you are all doing well today!  I'm FINALLY on the mend and feeling much, much better.  Still a wee bit congested but not nearly as bad as it was.  I even managed to get to the gym yesterday for 1 mile on the elliptical and then some weights.  I didn't want to overdo it but I just wanted to do SOMETHING!


Weigh In Wednesday

Today is weigh in day for many of us across the blog-osphere.  So once again I'm linking up with Heather and Ash for Weigh In Wednesday linkup.

I was a bit nervous about the scale since I've been sick.  I did have one day (Friday) of eating poorly but the rest of the week I still managed to stay within my calorie range.   I'm happy to report that I'm now almost back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight!


Down 1.8 this week!  Now I'm ready just to get back to regular exercise and get to working on my next mini goal to get to the 60 pound lost mark!

I also treated myself with a Cake Batter Smoothie last night.  So yummy!  This has to be my absolute favorite flavor.  I dedicated a whole post to it earlier last year.


After reading Runs for Cookie's (Katie's) Motivational Monday post the other day, I read about Martha and her Mile Streak.  And then I also read recently about this amazing woman and her 100 day streak.  And I'm thinking that I want to try another one.

I have been hoovering in the lower 190s and upper 180s since AUGUST!  And I know we had a lot of personal stuff going on starting in October with Chris's dad's declining health and eventual passing.  And then the holidays on top of all of that.  So, I'm really wanting to start getting my mojo back and start knocking the rest of this weight off.

I think I'm going to do my version of the Mile Challenge for at least 30 days and see how it goes. 

I must dedicate at least 20 minutes to either walking, elliptical, or running.  (Right now, running and exercise walking is still out, but hoping to get released to be able to do those again after my Ortho Follow up appointment on the 27th.)  I do have my fitbit but total mileage on that won't count. I have to dedicate that specific time for doing something and that will be at the very least 1 mile.  Hopefully more, usually but I think I will just start out with this and tweak it.   I googled the hotel we'll be staying at for Comic Con and it looks like the hotel has a gym so I can get a mile in easily before the con.

Has anyone else done something like this?  Anyone else interested in joining me?  I'm thinking I'll start today and see how it goes. 



40 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss AND on feeling better! Being sick is the worst! I hear you on the plateau! I'm joining a weight loss challenge on a Facebook board to try to get me off this one where I've been for over a year! Good luck with your mile challenge, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Yea, let's try to bust through this! We can do it!

      Delete
  2. YOU GOT THIS LADY! That smoothie looks delish I need to try that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss!! and don't push yourself too hard, I ended up losing almost all of December to the crud in my lungs.

    Love the idea of the 'streak,' good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Yea, I'm trying not to. I just feel like I need to be doing something! And now that the fever is gone, I want to just get out there!

      Delete
  4. Great job on the loss this week! I lost the same amount!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing loss! I'm so glad you're feeling better, I hope it clears up quickly. At the risk of sharing tmi, I am still struggling with flem issues from my Christmas cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I still have (pardon the expression..) a lot of snot hanging around. Ready for it to GO!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Woohoo, what a great loss! how exciting!! :) And omg I LOVE YOUR SOCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on the loss this week! And that smoothie looks awesome-- definitely bookmarking it to try out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better and that you had an awesome loss!!!!

    Kind of jealous you're going to Comic Con. My husband REALLY wants to go. It's on the bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!
      Ahh maybe one day! I'd LOVE to go to the big one in San Diego and then also there is Dragon Con in Atlanta too! Maybe one of these days!

      Delete
  9. Good job on the loss girl, hope you get to feeling 100% asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better, and what a wonderful loss this week! I'm not even a smoothie person and it looks super yummy! I may have to try one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for feeling better AND dropping some weight! I'm doing something kinda similar to what you're starting...trying to get 5 minutes of exercise in every day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm almost 100 pounds heavier than you (holy crap it feels weird to say that), so it's enough to pretty much knock me out. It'll be fun to see how the challenge goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey 5 minutes is better than nothing but you've got the right mindset and just keep building on those minutes! You can do it Ash!

      Delete
  12. I would love to join in on your Mile a day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're feeling better. Awesome loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I first started WW, I set a goal of ten minutes of activity every day. It wasn't much (I couldn't have handled a big commitment at the same time I was trying to change my eating!), but it was enough to get me in the mindset of thinking about exercise every day. I think a streak like this is a great way to settle into a new habit. - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so! Thinking this will get me back on track again like I was before October! Thanks Jess!

      Delete
  16. Must. Try. That. Smoothie! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you're feeling better, Des!! I know you must be thrilled to be back in the gym. :)

    Great loss this week too!

    ReplyDelete